The die for wire drawing
1. Types and applications of molds
(1) hard alloy die, its advantages are: good wear resistance; Small adhesion; Good polish; Small friction coefficient; High corrosion resistance.
(2) diamond die, because the natural diamond model is expensive, very fragile, mainly used for fine line drawing.
(3) polycrystalline (artificial diamond), with the same high hardness and high wear resistance as natural diamond, mainly used in the middle mould of small drawing machines.
(4) steel mould, easy to repair, low price, but poor hardness and abrasion resistance, low life span, mainly used for small production and widening section lines.
2. The structure dimension of the mould
The die hole of wire drawing die is composed of four parts:
(1) inlet lubrication area: with circular arc, easy to enter the work area.
(2) work area: plastic deformation occurs when metal is stretched, and the compression of wire section is reduced.
(3) sizing area: ensure the accuracy and uniformity of the wire size and shape, and extend the service life of the mould.
(4) outlet area: outlet end, preventing the disintegrating of the bamboo section and the outlet of the fixed diameter area when parking.
3. Wire drawing requirements for molds
(1) the various areas of the die hole should be smooth, without cracks and pits.
(2) the center line of the die hole shall be perpendicular to the end face of the mold.
(3) working area and diameter area must be polished after grinding.